Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Slogan shift under picture of header

Old May 30, 2010, 06:37 AM
DDebatte

9 posts · May 2010
Slogan shift under picture of header

First of all thank you for Atahualpa Themes. The flexibility is great - I'm afraid sometimes too much for beginners.

I have a common web page: www.deutschland-debatte.de and I tried to change this theme without general change of the "view". I set up a test page: http://stiftung-volksgewerkschaft.com/dvg before changing.

My question:

Is it possible to shift the slogan under the header; is it possible to change the color of this field?
Old May 30, 2010, 06:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Check out ATO>Style and Edit HEADER AREA. The top section is where you change the order of menu bars, logo, etc and the second section is where you would change the color.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 06:53 AM
DDebatte

9 posts · May 2010
Larry,

first of all thank you for the answer. The section "Edit HEADER AREA" is differenciated for %pages %logo %image %cats - I changed but I can not see a differentiation of blogtitle and slogan. I want the blogtitle over the picture of the header and the slogan below the picture.

Can you advice me please?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I must have been tired when I read your question the first time and should have realized how you wanted the Blog Title and Slogan separated.

The way I would do that is to add a new widget area (See Atahualpa Theme Options>Add new WIDGET AREAS) and put it below %image in the Configure Header Area box. Then I would put a text widget with your slogan in that area. You would also want to turn off the display of your slogan by setting Show Blog Tagline in ATO>Style & Edit HEADER AREA to no.

This probably looks complex if you are new to Atahualp but once you become more familiar with the different sections it gets a lot easier and is quite fun when you realize all of the possibilities.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is an option at ato->Header Image to allow you to overlay the blog title and tag line on the header image
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It looks like DDebatte wants to have the logo above the header image and the tagline below. Can you clarify DDebatte?