Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Theme options wont save

Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:14 AM
ripz7

6 posts · Nov 2012
Hi,

First off, this is an amazing theme! However, I am having problems with the theme options.
I have installed a fresh version of Montezuma 1.1.3 and when I try to save any changes in the theme options, I get this 501 error:

Quote:
Not Implemented
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because a header value in the request does not match certain configuration settings on the Web server.
The url reads: www.website.co.nz/directory/wp-admin/options.php
Is this correct for the theme options form save submit?

I found the line of code below in the montezuma/includes/admin.php file on line 1417, I am not sure which file it is referring to in the action field as I cannot find an options.php file in the montezuma theme directory.

PHP Code:
<form id="<?php echo $this->ID ?>" class="themeoptionsform" method="post" action="options.php">
WordPress version: 3.4.2

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by ripz7; Nov 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
is this a new site? have you tried another theme and seeing if it can save it's settings? (try Atahualpa) I'm trying to determine if it is a site install issue.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 12:49 PM
ripz7

6 posts · Nov 2012
Thanks for the response juggledad

Yes this is a new site, WordPress was installed about 2 weeks ago.

I have installed the latest version of Atahualpa and was able to change and save the theme options fine.

proof:

I have reinstalled the montezuma theme multiple times and for some reason the theme options seem to be broken for me. Could it be because I have the website installed in a sub directory eg: www.website.co.nz/wordpress-directory/

I am happy to provide you with an admin access login for this site to help solve this problem as we are very keen to use the montezuma theme for our website.

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the site url?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:10 PM
ripz7

6 posts · Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
what is the site url?
I have sent you a PM with the site url.

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:40 PM
ripz7

6 posts · Nov 2012
@juggledad

Thanks for your time and assistance.

I have moved the website to a new web host and this has fixed the theme options not saving problem.
I am not sure what was causing it, possibly a .htaccess file or something.

Thanks

Last edited by ripz7; Nov 1, 2012 at 07:22 PM.