Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

ADS have disappeared despite HTML code in Widgets

Old May 24, 2011, 01:05 AM
petercliff1

25 posts · Jan 2011
Since upgrading to 3.6.7 my Adsense ads have disappeared and a vertical Amazon ad has gone horizontal across my central text, despite the HTML code in the Widget areas still being in place and correct.

I have removed the code, re-loaded, and put the code back but it makes no difference, I get the same result.

Is this something to do with the Php changes and if so what can I do to restore the ads in my sidebars to their former activity.

On some pages I also had a central Adsense ad at the top of the text and this has also disappeared, despite the html still being in place.

Please advise. Many thanks.
Old May 24, 2011, 04:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Code in sidebar widgets should not be effected
You can put code in index.php
What is the URL?
Old May 24, 2011, 07:42 AM
Esther Irish

2 posts · May 2011
My ads have also disappeared from the widget after upgrading. I have tried the same things. I would love to know how to get it working again. Thanks you! http://www.laughwithusblog.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercliff1
Since upgrading to 3.6.7 my Adsense ads have disappeared and a vertical Amazon ad has gone horizontal across my central text, despite the HTML code in the Widget areas still being in place and correct.

I have removed the code, re-loaded, and put the code back but it makes no difference, I get the same result.

Is this something to do with the Php changes and if so what can I do to restore the ads in my sidebars to their former activity.

On some pages I also had a central Adsense ad at the top of the text and this has also disappeared, despite the html still being in place.

Please advise. Many thanks.
Old May 24, 2011, 07:43 AM
Esther Irish

2 posts · May 2011
My ads have also disappeared from the widget after upgrading. I have tried the same things. I would love to know how to get it working again. Thanks you! http://www.laughwithusblog.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Code in sidebar widgets should not be effected
You can put code in index.php
What is the URL?
Old May 24, 2011, 08:50 AM
petercliff1

25 posts · Jan 2011
JD thanks for quick response. URL http://www.petercliffordonline.com There is fresh Google code for Adwords in the top space above the Amazon box in the left hand sidebar, but nothing appears. The Adsense account is running normally, so it is not Google.

Scroll down. The Amazon add across the page should be vertical in the sidebar, not across my content.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old May 24, 2011, 10:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
make sure you have the 367 BUGFIX's applied.
Old May 24, 2011, 12:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
As a temporary fix before you get the bug fixes installed setting the CSS: Compress? to NO in ATO>Configure CSS & JS "MIGHT" help.
Old May 24, 2011, 02:38 PM
petercliff1

25 posts · Jan 2011
Guys, thanks for you help. I was unable to find the code line for the bugfix but turning the CSS compress off seems to work as a temporary fix.

Without compress does this mean that the page will take longer to load?

I have also lost spaces after punctuation but see that the bugfix should sort that too.

Will the next version address all these issues and we can get back to "normal"?

Thanks.
Old May 24, 2011, 02:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The bugfix's are in the New Versions & Updates forum. The fix's are provided as source or a the file with the patch applied.

These will be in the next release, but I would be willing to bet that there will be a bug in that version also, it's the nature of code.