Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Error with quotation marks: issue with WP?

Old Aug 12, 2009, 01:43 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Hello,

I just made a post onto one of my websites and noticed an error with the end quotation mark in the title. Even when copying the quotation marks from a web-safe text editor, the second quotation mark appears to be from a different set than the first quotation mark. This error occurs with both single and double quotation marks.

I've researched with Google and found that the issue seems to be a Wordpress problem. Yet I'm wondering if there is a way to fix the title or somehow add code to a future version of Atahualpa to solve the WP formatting problem.

You can see the post here. The font is Georgia. I would force the correct end quotation mark with HTML if I could, but since the error is in the title I don't have that option right?

Taylor
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:00 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can disable WP's auto formatting of quotes into curly quotes etc. by putting this into Atahualpa's functions.php, i.e. before the last closing ?>

PHP Code:
remove_filter ('single_post_title''wptexturize');
remove_filter ('bloginfo''wptexturize');
remove_filter ('wp_title''wptexturize'); 
To remove it from other places as well:

PHP Code:
remove_filter ('category_description''wptexturize');
remove_filter ('list_cats''wptexturize');
remove_filter ('comment_author''wptexturize');
remove_filter ('comment_text''wptexturize');
remove_filter ('the_title''wptexturize');
remove_filter ('the_content''wptexturize');
remove_filter ('the_excerpt''wptexturize'); 
Old Aug 13, 2009, 01:03 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Thank you Flynn.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:58 AM
mugger

6 posts · Jun 2009
Long wanted topic. However, mod of functions.php did not change quotes on existing pages. Should it? Or is this just not working?
Should it matter that file already had portions with base64_decode?