Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Considering using Atahualpa - is it the right start?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 14, 2011, 08:53 AM
wittyusername

61 posts · Jan 2011
muddling my way though a career.
Considering using Atahualpa - is it the right start?

I'm going to be migrating a descent size news site (60,000 monthly pageviews and growing) from modx to wordpress and have been researching starter themes to build the site on.

I've used atahualpa 3.5.3 for smaller sites with great success but nothing this large with this many features. I've been using wordpress for about 5 years and my php/mysql chops are decent. My questions to the community are:
  • will this theme handle the traffic?
  • are there any problems i need to know about integrating 3rd party ad servers?
  • what version of atahualpa should i be using? 3.5.3 ?
  • how easy is it to reference a cdn or subdirectory for media assets in this theme?
  • what else should i be asking?

Thanks, i look forward to your feedback and i hope flynn and juggledad aren't going anywhere and will continue to do a great job on here. this is a really helpful, vibrant community.

Last edited by lmilesw; Feb 14, 2011 at 09:03 AM.