Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Nextgen

Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:33 AM
LisaNewton

13 posts · Feb 2009
Nextgen

In the past, I was using a theme that seemed to work seamlessly with nextgen. In fact, I didn't really have to do anything to get the gallery working, except for a few plugin settings. By which I mean, the gallery page hosted photos which were automatically connected to each associated post via lightbox.

Currently, with Atahualpa, I have photos in the gallery, but they aren't connected to any articles. Do I have to do this manually or is there a way, just as with my previous theme, this action can be done automatically?

Any clues?

http://www.breadbeansandbudget.com
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
a theme shouldn't have anything to do with the content of a post, I mean if you think about it, how would a theme know what image goes with what post? Should it guess?

Now, many plugins (like NextGen) use shortcodes that you put into a post and then the information (like images) shows up.

Are you having a problem like this?
If so where does it happen? the blog page? what happens if you go to a single 'Post' page? Do they show up? hat have you got set for the themes 'Excerpts' settings?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Even NextGen won't know what article to point to. Are you sure you used NextGen? Did you use it in conjunction with another plugin.

Here is an article that addresses this issue.

How did you set up your gallery before, when it worked?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 06:47 AM
LisaNewton

13 posts · Feb 2009
Thank you for your advice, Gentlemen. I'm not sure what I did before, or how the theme worked with NextGen, but I know that's the plugin I was using, and I didn't use any shortcodes. In fact, I just looked at a previous edition of the page, and it was blank.

For now, I'm just going to skip the gallery. I'd love to have it, but right now, I can't spend so much time trying to figure it out.