Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

home page: see only a specific category of post

Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:09 PM
rbiasiutti

34 posts · Mar 2011
Send a message via Skype™ to rbiasiutti
Hello everyone, my first site is based on version 3.67 of Atahualpa with all patches installed.
My problem (for Atahualpa and Wordpress gurus like you is simple): to my home page I just have to see the post of a specific category.
How can i make it?
Thank you
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you only want to see the posts from one category you will need to find a plugin or make coding changes or use a template.

there is a post in the Gold Forums Tutorials showing you how to use a custom query template (access to the Gold Forums is given to members who donate $20 or more)
Old Sep 26, 2011, 03:05 PM
rbiasiutti

34 posts · Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
there is a post in the Gold Forums Tutorials showing you how to use a custom query template (access to the Gold Forums is given to members who donate $20 or more)
I just made a donation of $ 20 for access to the forum gold.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:51 AM
rbiasiutti

34 posts · Mar 2011
i have tried with inserting this code in the index.php page and is partially ok.

PHP Code:
<?php 
list($bfa_ata$cols$left_col$left_col2$right_col$right_col2$bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();
get_header(); 
extract($bfa_ata); 
?>
<?php 
/* in Homepage display only News : ID=11*/

if (is_home()) {

query_posts("cat=11");
    }
?>

<?php /* If there are any posts: */
if (have_posts()) : $bfa_ata['postcount'] = 0/* Postcount needed for option "XX first posts full posts, rest excerpts" */ ?>

<?php // Deactivated since 3.6.5
    # include 'bfa://content_above_loop';
i have 4 posts with the categoty id=11 and i can see 3 posts in the first page (is the correct number of posts saved in the settings) but i don't change the page for read the 4th post