Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Change Content/Widgets in Right Sidebar

Old Aug 9, 2010, 08:45 PM
wppg

51 posts · Aug 2010
hi,

i can't seem to see where/how i can change the default content/widgets... i see how to delete the sidebars from some/all pages, but what if i want to put different copy/content in the sidebar, where/how do i do it? thanks for any suggestions!

also, where/how do i find this, i.e. "Manage > Pages > Page Order" so i can change the order of the page menu items? i.e.

Sort the pages chronologically, as you created them (Change the page order at Manage -> Pages -> Click on page title -> Page Order)
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Having different content in the sidebar for different pages is usually done through the use of a plugin such as Display Widgets or Widget Logic.

Page order can be done by putting an order number in each post (tedious), by using a plugin such as My Page Order (Easier), or using the new WordPress menu system (best in my opinion)
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:30 PM
wppg

51 posts · Aug 2010
hi - thanks!

re the wdigets, i just want to change/delete some of the default content in the existing widgets and/or delete one of the widgets and then have the same widget/sidebar on every (static/no blog post) page so where/how can i "edit" the widget content and delete default widgets from the sidebar, but keep other widgets? it seems all or none and only "as is" but i'm sure i can edit someplace...

re the menu page order, where is the "wordpress menu system"? it seems that it defaults to listing the (static/non blog post) pages in the menu in the order that they were published, but supposedly there is someplace in the admin where there is a "change page order" option, but i can't find it... thanks for any suggestions!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The default sidebar widget show up if you have none of your own widgets in the sidebar so if you want just a recent posts widget you put just that one in the sidebar and none of the rest will be there. In other words if you have specific widgets you want to show you have to put those in to override the defaults.

The WordPress menu system is only available if you have WordPress 3.x and Atahualpa 3.5.3. You get to it by clicking on Appearance>Menus. Otherwise install the My Page Order plugin and you can drag and drop the pages to the order you want. The change page order built into WordPress is done when you are creating a page. There is a page order box where you put a number. This is very cumbersome and I wouldn't recommend it.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 10:06 PM
wppg

51 posts · Aug 2010
ahhh thanks! think i'll try to create a new widget with what i want and then override the defaults that way...

re the page menus, i think since i only have around 10 (static) pages for now it may be easier to just rebuild if need be to reset the menu bar, but maybe i'll add the plugin you mentioned or upgrade soon.... thanks again!