Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to place a menu at the entire top of the layout?

Old Jun 10, 2013, 01:08 PM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
How to place a menu at the entire top of the layout?

Hi,

I'm wondering how to place my menu so it fills the entire top of the layout. I don't want any padding between the layout border and the menu.

Here's an example of what I mean: http://chestofcolors.com/

Also: Is it possible to create a gradient effect on the menus? As of now they seem a bit dull at times.

Thanks in advance; can't get my head around this. I'm a css-newbie.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 02:41 PM
Danielwerner

94 posts · Jul 2009
I changed a bit in the css, but that will only set round corners for the top corners. The result will be that ALL pages have the rounded corners. I just want the actual corners to have them, and the middle pages not.

... It can't be done, can it?

Code:
/* round corners for menu bar items */
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li, div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a {
-webkit-border-top-right-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-top-left-radius: 5px;
-moz-border-radius-topright: 5px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px;
border-top-right-radius: 5px;
border-top-left-radius: 5px;
}
div#menu2 ul.rMenu li, div#menu2 ul.rMenu li a {
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
}
Old Jun 10, 2013, 05:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This would take quite a bit of "playing" with CSS. I would probably use the UberMenu plugin from CodeCanyon. You would still have to tweak the CSS but the look and feel would be more in keeping with your example site.