Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

3.4.7 released, with Import/Export feature

Old May 7, 2010, 07:43 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Please use this link instead for 3.4.8
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7026

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH RELEASE 3.4.7 - NOT ALL OPTIONS ARE BEING USED
please hold off downloading untill this gets fixed
Juggledad - 5/8/2010 - 6:45 AM EST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.4.7 is available here: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=88

This is a rather huge step with:

Last edited by juggledad; May 8, 2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old May 7, 2010, 09:52 PM
jcjc

1 posts · Feb 2010
Have been attempting to download but keep getting "file not found on server" error message.

An assist would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the upgrade...

jcjc
Old May 7, 2010, 10:31 PM
kleinsasser.eu

16 posts · Jan 2010
Austria
Not Found

The requested URL /wordpress.bytesforall.com/downloads/atahualpa347.zip was not found on this server.

Old May 8, 2010, 01:55 AM
Colorblinded

7 posts · Sep 2009
I've been having the same problem since I got the notice in my RRS that there was a new version. I've been unable to download it

If I ever succeed I'd be happy to host a copy if the server is having troubles!
Old May 8, 2010, 03:09 AM
Gerhard

7 posts · Jul 2009
austria
Send a message via Skype™ to Gerhard
It worked with this: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/dow...ahualpa347.zip
Old May 8, 2010, 03:18 AM
Gerhard

7 posts · Jul 2009
austria
I have another Problem. The settings from 3.4.6 are not taken to 3.4.7, e.g. left sidebar und many other widgets and settings. By default all previous theme-settings seem to be overwhelmed by the "classic" design.
Old May 8, 2010, 03:28 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
I have another Problem. The settings from 3.4.6 are not taken to 3.4.7, e.g. left sidebar und many other widgets and settings. By default all previous theme-settings seem to be overwhelmed by the "classic" design.
Same problem, no settings at all are taken. Seems you have to run a development site, write a new style, and then import it into your main page (at least if several hours broken design is no option)...
Old May 8, 2010, 03:37 AM
Gerhard

7 posts · Jul 2009
austria
I went back to working version 3.4.6 an will wait :-)
Old May 8, 2010, 04:49 AM
Gravity

34 posts · Sep 2009
It'd be helpful to know what upgrade procedure is rquired from 3.46 to 3.47 given the changes.
Will the new system somehow automatically take old settings and upgrade itself into the single-database format?
Old May 8, 2010, 04:53 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Automatically not. Automatically it uses some new style, that is not inline with the default options furthermore (css inline/external for example). The easiest seems to be to open up a testintall with 3.4.7 and in a split browser your 3.4.6 installation, and go through all fields and copy paste your settings.....

Not very fun task to do...
Old May 8, 2010, 07:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
All I see after activating 3.4.7 is

"Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum"

Hmmmm
Old May 8, 2010, 07:27 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I am releasing a new version in a few hours
Old May 8, 2010, 07:29 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I just downloaded and installed it on a test site, where I'm running Wordpress 3.0 alpha. Should be interesting. So far, no problems, but I have only one plugin running on that site.

When I tried the download just an hour ago, I got nowhere, but it's working now.

For Flynn: It's looking good! I really like the default styling.

I've used the import function to import the ata-round.txt file from my desktop download folder, saved that, but don't see any rounding except for the Page menu tabs. Do I need to do something else to have that take effect? It seems that rounding CSS is now appearing in the Layout Container Style area of Style and configure layout, but I'm not sure if that was already there before I did the import. I must be missing some other step?

Last edited by paulae; May 8, 2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:30 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Should we still avoid downloading?

I did the download and installed it on my news site, then looked at in in preview mode. It didn't seem to have pulled in the options. The layout should be 3 columns, but it had 2. It didn't know about custom PHP I'd inserted in various places, or new widget areas.

Is that going to change once it's out of preview? Or will there be some tweaking still to come? I certainly can't make the change yet, but I do like the new look/feel.

The page menu is now showing up as tabs. I'd rather have a solid bar as before. Can that be an option?
Old May 8, 2010, 09:47 AM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
I understand this is not quite ready, but could you tell me, with the new "import" feature, what would be the proper way to upgrade to this new version & be able to import the existing styling? I'm currently running 3.1.8 (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!) but now I'm updating the site & find I need to use some of the features found in the newer versions.

Would it be best to create a new Theme folder "Atahualpa 3.4.7" or rename the old theme to say "Atahualpa old" and simply use "Atahualpa" for the new updated version?

I thought maybe I could make use of the "Theme Test Drive" Plugin, to try to make the transition as smooth as possible... but I'm not sure if it's needed...

I apologize if this is covered in the readme file, but per the instructions at the moment, I haven't yet tried to download the new version.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:51 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
You should always put new themes in their own folders and preview them, then go back to the old theme if you're not happy. If you download this new one, you can install directly from your download, in zip form. It'll be called atahualpa347 once installed, and you can take a look without committing to it. In fact, it's not ready for prime-time yet, but you can get a look without ruining your site.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:03 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
The new version 3.4.8 http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=89 should take your existing Atahualpa settings and merge them with the default settings of the "classic" style

If you have no existing settings, the new "default" style will be used instead.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:17 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Both the round corners and the shadows are CSS-based, without images or Javascript, and will not work in IE. The shadows even only work in newer Firefox and Safari versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
I just downloaded and installed it on a test site, where I'm running Wordpress 3.0 alpha. Should be interesting. So far, no problems, but I have only one plugin running on that site.

When I tried the download just an hour ago, I got nowhere, but it's working now.

For Flynn: It's looking good! I really like the default styling.

I've used the import function to import the ata-round.txt file from my desktop download folder, saved that, but don't see any rounding except for the Page menu tabs. Do I need to do something else to have that take effect? It seems that rounding CSS is now appearing in the Layout Container Style area of Style and configure layout, but I'm not sure if that was already there before I did the import. I must be missing some other step?
Old May 8, 2010, 10:25 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I was using Safari and Firefox.

OK, I've got 3.4.8 and previewed/activated on my test site and my news site. I deactivated and went back to 3.4.6 on the news site because the settings weren't picked up. Instead of 3 columns, just 2. And the new widget area under the header, containing ads, did not show up.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:33 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I'm attaching the way the test site, which is running on Wordpress 3.0-alpha 2, looked with 3.4.6. And you can see how it looks with Atahualpa 3.4.8 by going here: http://scuppernongmedia.com

Should the new version have picked up the ad running in a new widget area?

EDIT-UPDATE: I followed Juggledad's advice below and it is now working. If you go to the site, you'll see the 3.4.8 version running, and it seems to have picked up the new widget area and 2 sidebars.

Last edited by paulae; Dec 16, 2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you installed 3.4.7, you must delete a row from teh wp_options table before 3.4.8 will pick up your original settings. Issue the following SQL statement in phpMyAdmin on your wordpress database (make sure the prefix matches the prefix of your database
HTML Code:
DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata4'