Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Replacing the image bar with something else.

Old Mar 14, 2009, 08:31 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
This is a question different from the one I asked earlier about removing the entire image section. (I still need to do that for a certain site).

But I have another site where I want to replace the image with something I've found that is really clever, and is well suited to a travel journal web site of mine (www.sprangleblog.com).

If you go there now you will see I have activated a WP theme called "Sliding Doors." Roll a cursor over the images. They are clickable, mapped to Categories so that clicking on one will take you to that linked Category.

I intend to replace the theme's default images with my own photos that reflect the SprangleBlog site content. But, selfish me, I want the Atahualpa Theme, not the Sliding Doors theme (I really don't like reverse text). I want the clean, bright 3-columns of Atahualpa - and it's fantastic theme control panel.

So, my question is, how to replace Atahualpa's image bar with that of Sliding Doors?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 04:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I cannot post a quick fix for this. The theme you mention integrates hat menu rather manually if I'm not mistaken.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 04:40 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
That would add a wonderful feature to this already excellent theme. From the experince I posted aboove, it seems that something in the header.php would avoid breaking the site. Shall I post the error text?

Last edited by joe hark; Mar 17, 2009 at 04:43 PM.