Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

changing file path name: theme name incorrect

Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:56 PM
tepper

4 posts · Feb 2009
Please direct me to another thread or post or website if applicable:
You pointed out that my file path name reads "atahualpa/atahualpa" instead of "/atahualpa3/". it shows a duplicate folder, but i cant seem to rename it or transfer files to eliminate duplicate. this will pose potential issues in the future, how do i change this without losing data? do i need to change using my FTP client or what? and why did it happen? who else could help me solve this issue...
or should i ignore and just keep working?
thank you!

www.erikasabel.com
Old Feb 24, 2009, 01:34 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Leave it as it is. There's already both /atahualpa/ and /atahualpa3/ versions floating around, shouldn't matter whether your's is a third version /atahualpa/atahualpa/. To the best of my knowledge I have no hardcoded /atahualpa/ in the theme files anymore. The theme should be able to figure out its own location. The only time that this might cause a problem is if a plugin assumes that the theme files must be in /wp-content/themes/[theme-name]/ (the theme name is an entry in the Wordpress database). But probably no plugin is doing that
Old Feb 24, 2009, 01:38 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Or: Upload the theme again, this time i.e. as /atahualpa3/ so you end up with

/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/index.php
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/style.css
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/header.php
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa3/footer.php

etc...

Then at Site Admin -> Appearance -> Themes watch for

All of this theme’s files are located in /themes/atahualpa3

to chose the right version of the theme.

But it's odd that you cannot delete files. Did you upload the theme through this FTP account, with the same FTP user name and password? Then you should be able to delete as well