Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Trouble with block quote

Old Feb 12, 2009, 08:27 PM
doug86

16 posts · Feb 2009
I tend to post a lot of block quotes in my blogs, and I also include photos. I can't seem to get the blockquote feature to play nice with a photo.

see: http://www.5goulds.com/archives/63

the block quote will not word wrap, and leaves a huge chunk of empty real estate.

I tried moving the picture around, and it just doesn't seem to like being near a block quote.

suggestions? solutions?

Thanks, Doug
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:27 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can comment or delete the clear:both in style.css around line 1028 but then the border of the blockquote will hide behind the image (even though its content will be outside). I am not sure where that's coming from and have not been able to solve that so far. One fix would be to have no border and background on blockquotes but either another font, font color, or a background image in the top left corner or a combination of these. To put an image in the top left corner

HTML Code:
blockquote {
padding-left: 50px;
background: transparent url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/hugequote.gif) no-repeat top left;
}
A huge curly quote image in a light gray or something like that
Old Oct 15, 2009, 09:28 PM
ryanerickson

6 posts · Oct 2009
In using 3.4.3 I made a similar edit to css.php (as style.css is a little shorter now) on line 1173; taking out the
Code:
clear: both;
all together. However, and I don't know if it'll make a difference, but I left the same code at line 1180. It seems to work fine on http://1790.us. Just thought I'd through this in here as I know I run into this everytime I update.

Last edited by ryanerickson; Sep 25, 2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:25 AM
bushtool

93 posts · May 2009
Any chance this blockquote hack could be an Atahualpa Theme Option in a future version? I keep forgetting to do this each time I update to a new version.

Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:21 PM
ryanerickson

6 posts · Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushtool
Any chance this blockquote hack could be an Atahualpa Theme Option in a future version? I keep forgetting to do this each time I update to a new version.

Thanks
You and me both. ~Ryan (http://1790.us)