Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Limit Image Sizes

Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:29 PM
wadams92101

46 posts · May 2010
I have a multi-author blog and I want to limit the size (dimensions) of images they insert (via file upload or via url) to posts. I tried the hack at http://www.techtalkz.com/blog/wordpr...wordpress.html but the style.css in atahualpa 351 was different than described in the article. Then I the Smart Image II and Max Image Control plugins without success. How can I automatically limit, resize, and/or crop photos which my authors attempt to insert into posts?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 07:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can always put it in the CSS inserts option
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:02 AM
wadams92101

46 posts · May 2010
I followed your suggestion. Nice feature. I didn't know that was there. However, it didn't work, at least not for uploading/inserting an image using the WP 3.01 insert button just above the tool bar in the "Add New" post interface. I was using the image URL method of inserting the image. I used the entire block of code from article with the CSS inserts option. What am I doing wrong? Is there another way to limit/resize post image inserts automatically?
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the insert image is a wordpress feature not a theme issue. You might want to post a question at wordpress.org
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:38 AM
wadams92101

46 posts · May 2010
Since posting, I discovered the ATO excerpt and post thumbnail features. However, that was causing problems with my videos, photo inserts, and displaying code. My plugin WP Limit Post is doing similar things. So basically, I'm all jacked up right now in finding a clean way to control what my authors post in terms of size and length on the home page. I'll research further when I have time. Unless you have any epiphanies for me. I'm going to sideline this thread for now while I do further research.