Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Banner ad in top bar or logo area?

Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:30 PM
viru3691

1 posts · Mar 2010
Just started using Atahualpa
Theme.I love the flexibility of this. I want to replace the
Default banner with Rotating Ads. I am lost in following the messages here. Are the instruction given step by step any where?

Thanks,
Viru

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 23, 2010 at 06:01 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 03:30 PM
Marge

10 posts · May 2009
I added 2 widget areas as you suggested above but it broke the header area.

Both the logo and the extra widget I added both disappeared.

How do I add an ad widget next to the logo area?

I have reverted to %logo but the ad widget that I added is not showing up either.

my site www.mylondonguide.org

Thanks.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:34 AM
Marge

10 posts · May 2009
Thanks for that. Just discovered that widget and it does make it easier. I had to play around with the padding to make it positions properly for a 486x60 ad though.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:17 PM
grnidone

23 posts · Feb 2011
I've found that the php Code Widget is invaluable in putting the site title and tagline into the header. The normal text widget won't parse php code. Once you install the php code widget, you need to put the following into the box:

<?php echo get_bloginfo('name'); ?><br />
<?php echo get_bloginfo('description'); ?>