Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

urgent help needed

Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
disfasia

89 posts · Jun 2010
I have a blog at http://www.disfasia.net/oneworld and I am still onhaiti writing on an iPhone so I need help fast:

1. How can I have all the listings by month show up left bar only lists one

2. How can I list all of my postings titles only on a page with a button that says all articles

3. The arrows once in the site on an older article seem to be contra sense-- left to go forwad and arrow right to go bsckward in time. How to reverse this?

My main page I like wig most recent art and the monthly listings by title only.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The best thing to do is go to wordpress.org and start searching for plugins that do what you want. Then you need to experiment with the various plugins to see if it meets your needs. Also start looking at all the Atahualpa settings to get a feel for what you can do. The questions you ask are more related to WordPress than Atahualpa so the best place to ask those questions might be on wordpress.org.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 03:56 PM
disfasia

89 posts · Jun 2010
Dear Larry,

Thanks I did that but that forum pointed me here. I don't quite get it. As you can tell from my website I have crafted it quite a bit, but I am short on time as I work 18 hour days here and the electricity is mostly off making my research time amost zero.

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:20 PM
disfasia

89 posts · Jun 2010
Revising my questions--a plugin will not take care of this. Can someone look at my website please? The lest bar has a month directory and only one post is listed. I do not wish to have my main page with hondreds of posts, only one.

How can my front page be one post, most recent, where the month directories show all?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm sorry. I am not clear on what you want to do. I also see some php code in a page when I click on the Archives menu at the top. I'm not sure what that is doing there.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:26 PM
disfasia

89 posts · Jun 2010
I have the answer:

in the default settings set that to whatever you want and the in the index page you must replace what you have with the following--so index page will have one complete post and the others will have 30 or 20 or whatever you specify:

<?php /* get all options: */
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
get_header(); ?>

<?php /* If there are any posts: */
if (have_posts()) : $bfa_ata['postcount'] == 0; /* Postcount needed for option "XX first posts full posts, rest excerpts" */ ?>

<?php /* This outputs the next/previous post or page navigation.
This can be edited at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Style & edit the Center column */
bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_above_loop']); ?>

<?php /* The LOOP starts here. Do this for all posts: */
while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>

<?php /* Add Odd or Even post class so post containers can get alternating CSS style (optional) */
$odd_or_even = (($bfa_ata['postcount'] % 2) ? 'odd-post' : 'even-post' ); ?>

<?php /* This is the actual Wordpress LOOP.
The output can be edited at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Style & edit the Center column */
bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_inside_loop']); ?>

<?php /* END of the LOOP */
endwhile; ?>

<?php /* This outputs the next/previous post or page navigation and the comment template.
This can be edited at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Style & edit the Center column */
bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_below_loop']); ?>

<?php /* END of: If there are any posts */
else : /* If there are no posts: */ ?>

<?php /* This outputs the "Not Found" content, if neither posts, pages nor attachments are available for the requested page.
bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['content_not_found']); ?>

<?php endif; /* END of: If there are no posts */ ?>

<?php bfa_center_content($bfa_ata['center_content_bottom']); ?>

<?php get_footer(); ?>
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
an easier method would to be to add the following
HTML Code:
<?php if (( is_front_page() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] < 2 ) OR (!is_front_page())) { ?>
as the first line of ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP and add
HTML Code:
<?php } ?>
as the last line