Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to move javascript to footer?

Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:25 PM
Viktor Garbar

13 posts · Aug 2011
How to move javascript to footer?

I refer to theme javascript. Is it possible to move it to footer?

I moved all scripts to footer using plugin however it lead to an error with jQuery

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined in /?bfa_ata_file=js:7

Theme javascript is at page header and jQuery is in footer.

You can see an error here for example http://maidan.org.ua/2012/02/tsenzur...idkladajetsya/ (page is in Ukrainian)

It breaks functioning on of plugins using jQuery.

I'd like to move all theme javascript to footer, but I am not yet that familiar with WP codex to do that myself and seeking your advice.

Since moving javascript to footer is general recomendation for speeding up pages maybe you are considering such possibility as well?

Thank you
Viktor

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 13, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can make the theme's jscript external - see ato->Configure CSS & JS options
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
Viktor Garbar

13 posts · Aug 2011
I did make them external. But how to move them to footer?

Plugin "javascript to footer" does not process them for whatever reason. Plugin author writes for example this http://www.prelovac.com/vladimir/bes...rdpress-plugin which maybe an explanation why.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I've added this as a 'Request For Enhancement' (RFE) for the developer to take a look at.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:26 PM
Viktor Garbar

13 posts · Aug 2011
Thank you!!!