Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] A few problems I've been having...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:27 PM
danielmckay

17 posts · Sep 2012
[SOLVED] A few problems I've been having...

Your theme doesn’t say who the author was on any posts. We are a multi-author blog and this is pretty important. Is there code I can change to add the author to the post?

When I follow the instructions to change icons (menu1, menu2) by changing the second number (px). I put that in the css code on montezuma options at the bottom, and i don't see any change after pressing save. I've also tried putting .page-(whatever) instead and it still didn't work. here is an example of the code
Can someone walk me through this? I have pages that I want to change the stars.

I have this:
/* Part 1- for default state: */
#menu1 .page-about > a > i { background-position: 0px -2352px; }
#menu1 .page-blogging > a > i { background-position: 0px -1104px; }
#menu1 .page-business-ideas > a > i { background-position: 0px -1344px; }
#menu1 .page-economics > a > i { background-position: 0px -888px; }
#menu1 .page-politics > a > i { background-position: 0px -1464px; }
/* Part 2 - for hover state: */
#menu1 .page-about:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-about.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -2352px; }
#menu1 .page-blogging:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-blogging.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1104px; }
#menu1 .page-business-ideas:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-business-ideas.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1344px; }
#menu1 .page-economics:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-economics.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -888px; }
#menu1 .page-politics:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-politics.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1464px; }

Does it also matter, it appears there are some defaults that I dont have (such as contact us etc.) further up on menu1

Also, is there a way to change the width of the columns? I would like the middle column (where the posts are) to be wider, thus leaving a little less white space on either side.

Thank you kindly for your support.

Last edited by danielmckay; Sep 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: added code example