Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Custom fields and "functions" for a slider

Old May 3, 2013, 04:00 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Send a message via Skype™ to emanuel1969
Custom fields and "functions" for a slider

Hi. I installed a slider plugin called Pointella Slider. It has an option to customize the content of the "Post Meta Info" in the slider's navigation. I want to use a custom field I set up in Athaupla for one of the post meta info items. I named this custom field "Author".

The slider is asking me to enter the "function name" and I put in "Author" (without the quotes).

It then asked for the "function parameters" and I put in "field=display_name" (without the quotes).

Am I doing something wrong? It is not displaying anything.

Thanks!
Emanuel
Old May 3, 2013, 04:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
So you are having a problem with a plugin...have you asked the plugin author?
Did you try it with Twenty-twelve?
Old May 3, 2013, 08:30 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Send a message via Skype™ to emanuel1969
It's not really a problem with the plugin. It's more like I don't know what a "function" is, and whether or not the custom field I created in Atahualpa (named "Author") has a corresponding "function" that I can put into this plugin to display the field inside the slider.
Old May 4, 2013, 04:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Dare I say that this IS an 'issue' with the plugin. If only in their documentation. try a google search with 'Pointelle Slider function' and see what you find.