Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

should I use cache plugin?

Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:42 PM
jimotman

1 posts · Jun 2009
hello all, this is my first time and first post here :D

Atahualpa is a great theme, and after I read some posts here, especially about loading time (I think because it makes lots of mysql query?), do I need to install wordpress cache plugin like super cache? Personally I don't prefer to use any cache plugin. If you recommend it, which plugin should I use?

Thanks.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 09:54 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa is only slightly slower than the default theme (which has no options). You can easily verify this by switching back and forth between the default theme and Atahualpa. The hosting environment, the size of images, or the amount of plugins will have a much greater impact.

Don't get too worried about numbers such as DB queries or amount of calls to this or that function. While the raw numbers may indicate bad performance, in reality it boils down to a few microseconds. Add the time that WP itselfs consumes, plus the plugins, plus the momentary load on the web server, and any additional load caused by Atahualpa becomes quite marginal.

I am not denying that the code can be improved, and I will do that, however always do the real world test and see whether it is slow or not.