Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Next/Previous Navigation on MULTI Post Pages for posts with many categories assigned

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:24 AM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Next/Previous Navigation on MULTI Post Pages for posts with many categories assigned

Hi JuggleDad,
I previously had a problem (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3690) which I'd like to revisit for some clarification. To start from the top:

Each post has multiple categories assigned to it. Wordpress assigns only one of these categories as the 'default' category and that is the category with the lowest ID.

The problem is with the bfa_next_previous_post_links() function. When you choose to display MULTI post pages from the low ID category the bfa_next_previous_post_links() function works well, but if you choose a category with a higher ID, the Byline does not display the posts in that chosen category. This is confusing to the user that thinks they have chosen say category India, but is taken to a post in a different category/country. (www.travelhorizonstyle.com.au)

Any thoughts? ANY THING AT ALL WOULD BE HELPFUL ...
Kind regards,
Joan

Last edited by joan; Nov 18, 2009 at 03:10 AM.