Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Everytime I add new post or comment, screen goes blank??!?

Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:02 PM
wrastler

Hi all,

Can someone please go to my site, click on any of the sample posts and try to leave a comment. The screen just goes blank for me from there and I can't figure it out.

I haven't been editing the code at all so I'm a little confused...

Thanks to all who can take a look.

http://knowledge.livesoftheparty.com
Old Apr 7, 2009, 09:36 AM
wrastler

Some guys on my hosting are telling me that WordPress is installed incorrectly, which can't be true because I have been using it for the last 3 weeks!!

Anyone out there with any coding knowledge can you help???

Thanks!!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:23 AM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
Yup, the dreaded white screen.

If you don't have alot of content, re-install wordpress and start over. If you ftp'd your wordpress files, something may have went wrong.

If you host has fantastico, install wordpress thru that.

Sorry, I can't be of more help.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:14 PM
wrastler

geeeeez...seriously???

something must be causing it though!?!?!

Amazing Flynn...any ideas?? Anyone else??
Old Apr 7, 2009, 01:31 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Same thing for me. I'm taken to the wp-comments.php page, but it's empty. I don't know enough PHP or database stuff to know what to say. It's odd there's no error message. I wonder if you were to go into your database admin and drop that table, would Wordpress rebuild it next time you create a comment? Please don't do this based on my mutterings, since I'm a real novice at this stuff.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 01:57 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
So this started all of a sudden? Try with the "Default" theme, also disable plugins one by one to track down where it's coming from, the theme, a plugin, or something else
Old Apr 8, 2009, 04:59 PM
wrastler

Flynn....I can't believe I didn't try that.

I uninstalled all the plugins and now it works! So I'm not sure which one it is yet, but I just wanted to write and thank-you.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:39 PM
wrastler

just an FYI, the culprit was WP Widget Cache. Anyone experience the same problem, get rid of this plugin
Old Apr 10, 2009, 03:52 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I had trouble with that one too, but I don't think it was as distastrous as your problem. I got rid of it too. Many of the plugins I've tried have been duds at best, scary at worst. But it's hard to keep from trying them, isn't it? It's like being being a kid let loose in a candy store. :-)
Old Sep 15, 2009, 07:09 AM
rickmarshel

1 posts · Sep 2009
i got this problem tooo.... need help.
[... no unrelated links please. Donors can set up signatures with links...]

Last edited by Flynn; Sep 15, 2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old Sep 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
rickmarshel
where does the problem happen?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:26 AM
happymonday82

9 posts · Oct 2009
Hi guys,

This thread answers my question. I was getting a White screen when I changed the header in the post.

I de-activated all plugins and it works fine.

It's obviously a conflict.

This is great advice for anyone experiencing the white screen. thanks