Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

RSS Links Are Invisible...

Old Mar 6, 2012, 06:18 PM
B.Mooney

12 posts · Feb 2012
Got a question...
I set up the RSS info like I have previously yet the links don't appear in the right top corner ...like they are supposed too..

I am using the sidebar widget but would rather have them around the logo.

Here's my url: http://conservativestateofmind.us/

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2012, 06:21 PM
B.Mooney

12 posts · Feb 2012
Anyway I can display the RSS in the Page Menu bar?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 06:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can use CSS to postion most anything anywhere you want. There is no one way to do this. You could add a hyperlinked image somewhere and position. Perhaps there is a plugin that has the RSS image as part of it and then you could use CSS to position that.

To give you an idea you could even position the RSS part of the widget you have installed. If you add this code to the CSS Inserts box in the theme options you will see what I mean. It won't look great buy you will get the idea.
HTML Code:
#bfa_subscribe .post-text {
    position: absolute;
    top: 210px;
}

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 6, 2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 06:38 PM
B.Mooney

12 posts · Feb 2012
Thanks Larry...

The issue is there's too much page showing... Firebug shows 1263 and the icons are there...way too far to the right.
How do I reduce the page size to just 1100px and hopefully move the RSS links closer to logo?
I'm a CSS novice so any help you can give will be appreciated...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The theme options will help in many instances. For page width look in the Style & configure Layout section.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:07 PM
B.Mooney

12 posts · Feb 2012
Not to sound completely ungrateful but I posted here to get an more helpful answer, not directed to have to research through hundreds of posts...

That's why I posted my url so folks could get an idea of what I'm talking about..
Just need to get a css code or html or whatever to shrink background - black area reduced and the RSS link icons moved closer to logo.

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2012, 07:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I was pointing you to a specific section in the theme options where you can adjust the width of your site.

There is a Style & Configure Layout section in the theme options where you can set the width of your site to a static width.