Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Dropdown menus displace the page.

Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:45 PM
zoefriedlander

3 posts · Apr 2009
Hi, I'm using WP 2.7 and Atahualpa 3.3.2. I have reproduced this problem on Firefox 3, IE 7, and Chrome.

It says somewhere in style.css that a certain css specification (position: absolute;) is set so that menus won't cause disfiguration of the layout. However, while on my pages without dropdowns there is no disfiguration, when I go to any of the pages that do have dropdowns and then mouse over different areas of the dropdown menu, there is extreme layout disfiguration. I spent a couple of days playing with style.css to try to fix it, but I cannot figure it out--and now I think maybe the problem is actually happening in header.php.

This page (my home page) works perfectly: http://www.mhl333.org/ -- On this page, you can hover over the top navigation and the dropdown menus overlay the page, as expected.

But if you click on, for example, Photograph Archive in the top navigation to get to this page:
http://www.mhl333.org/photograph-arc...essing-manual/ and then hover over the various areas of the top navigation, the layout gets severely disfigured.

Would love any pointers to a fix. Other than that it seems like a great theme.

Thanks,

Zoe
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:09 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It's most likely caused by your 6 levels. The menu was prepared for 10 levels in earlier versions but is currently set to 5 levels to save some file space in header.php. Version 3.3.3 will be able to do 10 levels again.

To do this on your own add another 5 levels to those several packs of 5 long lines in the "PRESENTATION: Expand" section in style.css, and do the same for the 2 corresponding section in header.php

For instance, this

HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a
would become
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a, 
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand li.rMenu-expand a
Actually, the first and the last block in the "PRESENTATION: Expand" section in style.css could be combined to one block for both the page and catgegory menu bar by removing the div#menu1 / div#menu2
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:30 PM
zoefriedlander

3 posts · Apr 2009
Hi, thank you for your response, I tried your suggestion but I don't see any difference. If you want I could send you my style.css and/or header.php...or do you know when you will release 3.3.3?

thank you,

Zoe
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:41 PM
zoefriedlander

3 posts · Apr 2009
Um, well, actually it seems to be a conflict with this plugin: ILC Folding, which is accessed from here: http://www.ilovecolors.com.ar/foldin...gin-wordpress/. I thought it was a great way to collapse my page menu but now that I've disabled it the navigation works. So, sorry to bother you. I don't expect you to solve that :-() !

Thanks,

Zoe