Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to style a specific text widget

Old May 26, 2009, 09:54 AM
ciocchi

28 posts · Mar 2009
it's possible to change only a widget text ? ie: I want that page widget is more visible than other widget.. increaseing font height
Old May 26, 2009, 08:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Look into the source code to find the ID of that text widget, then add a CSS Insert

div#text-442458681 {
font-size: 1.5em;
}
Old May 27, 2009, 02:40 AM
ciocchi

28 posts · Mar 2009
thanks flynn
I found also a post that explain how to chanhe color etc...
I love this theme...
Old Aug 9, 2010, 08:35 AM
mboots29c

2 posts · Aug 2010
Good mornig! I am very new to this and had a question regarding the text widget. Can I use a text widget to house quotes in my website. I would like to creat a "qoute post" with no byline, no kicker, no header - just free text, but to no avail thus far. Do you think a text widget can do this.

I am very unfamiliar with cade so any detailed advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I've included a screen shot of what I am trying to accomplish...
----------------------------

I am using WP 3.0
and the most recent version of the theme.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 04:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Sure... You could use a text widget or you could use a quotes widget like this one. I did not test it though.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:21 AM
mboots29c

2 posts · Aug 2010
Thank you so much for suggesting the Jus Quotes widget. I like it a lot!

I seems that the quote has been designated and formated to be some type of post- "quote hug" (an option in in the drop down menu of a New Post). I'm not sure if it is a <div> function or an actual .php created.

I think creating the post type works best for me, but I have no idead where to begin in creating a post type. Thoughts please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.