Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Batch of design problems

Old Jul 19, 2010, 07:11 PM
Certis

12 posts · Jul 2010
Batch of design problems

I'm glad that I found the best WordPress theme there is. Unfortunately, I need a bit of help to make it exactly the way I want it to be. I'll list my problems and then provide a screenshot, that highlights where the problems are, to give you a better idea of them.

1. I want to change the background color of the search box and it's font color to something else.
2. I want to get rid of the two weird white bars that appear at the top and at the bottom (not in the screenshot) of my posts, or just change their color to something dark, possibly the same color as my main site.
3. Even though I put that image with a transparent background in my post, it showed up with a white background there. How can I fix it?
4. I'd like to get the text to appear next to the image, while being in the center of it. Also, possibly about 10px right from it.

Screenshot.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me with these 4 problems that I have.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
See answers below... These assume some knowledge of CSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certis
I'm glad that I found the best WordPress theme there is. Unfortunately, I need a bit of help to make it exactly the way I want it to be. I'll list my problems and then provide a screenshot, that highlights where the problems are, to give you a better idea of them.

1. I want to change the background color of the search box and it's font color to something else. The background of the search box is style in ATO>Style FORMS. You can create your own background image or delete the reference to a background image and use a background-color in the Form Field:Style box
2. I want to get rid of the two weird white bars that appear at the top and at the bottom (not in the screenshot) of my posts, or just change their color to something dark, possibly the same color as my main site. Check in Next/Previous Navigation for a couple of them. I forget where the one at the very top is but check through the various "Style" areas.
3. Even though I put that image with a transparent background in my post, it showed up with a white background there. How can I fix it? Look in ATO>Style IMAGES
4. I'd like to get the text to appear next to the image, while being in the center of it. Also, possibly about 10px right from it. Align the image left when inserting it and then play with the margins. I sometime use margin-right:10px for example on a right aligned image.

Screenshot.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could help me with these 4 problems that I have.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:46 AM
Certis

12 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I still have a few problems left.

I could not manage to find the settings for one of the white bars. I could change the top one's top one, but not the top one's bottom one. It did not have that setting by default, and by adding it, nothing changed. Poking around elsewhere, I didn't seem to find it either.

The second thing, is that I still haven't figured out how to get the text appear a few paragraphs lower, so it would be in the middle of the image, when I type.

Screenshot.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 08:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Without a link to your site it's kind of hard to determine an answer but this screenshot may be the solution. The text alignment is is one of those html things you have to twiddle with. Sometimes what I do is just hit Enter a few times to move the text down. Not very elegant but it works.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:04 AM
Certis

12 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you. That screenshot helped me to fix the problem.

However, when I press enter a few times and try to save, it "removes" them, bringing the text back to the original place.

And if a link would help, here you go.

And when I use <br />, it ignores them completely.

Last edited by Certis; Jul 20, 2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I sort of though that might happen. I should have tested before I sent the suggestion. Another way to accomplish that is to go into the HTML editor and put the following between the image code and the text that comes after it. You can tweak the height til it works.
HTML Code:
<hr style="height:10px; border:none;" />
You can also use tables for this type of stuff but that gets more complex.