Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

How do I restore my Website

Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:22 PM
Worldsman

1 posts · Feb 2010
I am a very green webmaster with almost no trainning. I have assigned out work to help with updating the website to someone with more experience and he broke the site so it needs to be restored.

I have a backup from 3/18 however i do not know what to do with the tar.gz file (i know it is a zip file) Is there an easy or simple way to restore these files to the server and get them in the correct order?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 05:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I assume that this is a backup of your database. If you have never done a database restore, you should find someone to show you how to do it. You will need to unzip the files, review the contents to see what you have, FTP the data to the host, delete the existing tables and import the data. If you use phpMyadmin it can take a bit of time.

Are you sure it is broken? what makes ou say that?