Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

WP3 Menu WPML translation not working

Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
AnaRita

8 posts · Oct 2010
I have everything setup to have a translated menu in WP3 with Atahualpa 3.5.3 and WPML 2.0.3.1. Atahualpa seems to recognize only the english (primary) language menu, not the french one. WPML instructs to put <?php do_action('icl_navigation_menu'); ?> on header.php? Is this necessary. If so, in which php file of Atahualpa theme and where exactly? Thank you, Ana Rita
Old Dec 22, 2010, 07:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Can you point to where wpml tells you to do that?
Header.php is one of the theme files, but where to put that code should be explained by wpml
Old Dec 23, 2010, 05:17 AM
AnaRita

8 posts · Oct 2010
Thank for your reply. These are WPML instructions:
http://wpml.org/documentation/gettin...te-navigation/
I was asking for a specific line of code in Atahualpa because I was hoping that I could transform Atahualpa page menu so it could accept the french translation. Not replace it with the WPML one. But maybe that's not possible.

PS: This is the site I'm working on: http://aca-m.org/fevrwp/fr/

Last edited by AnaRita; Dec 23, 2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:14 AM
ICanLocalize

12 posts · Aug 2009
These instructions are for people who are creating their own themes from scratch.

Atahualpa is already pretty much built, so it's not for you

If you tell Atahualpa to build the menu from the pages, you'll get the correct menu per language. WPML also adds multilingual support for the menu system in WP3, so if Atahualpa uses that, it should appear in the right language as well.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:17 AM
AnaRita

8 posts · Oct 2010
I have Atahualpa using WP3 Menus and have a french version of the menu setup on admin, but still I only get the english version on both frontpages.
http://aca-m.org/fevrwp/fr/

Last edited by AnaRita; Dec 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM.