Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Merged posts in "Categories" and "Archives"

Old Mar 9, 2012, 07:45 AM
pangelis

10 posts · Mar 2012
Hi everyone, glad to be onboard!

I'm working with the Atahualpa theme, and I've just created a website which is not yet ready to launch. I've posted only one post. While I was experimenting, I had entered a second post, with text "Just testing bla bla bla". I then deleted that second post. So when I go to my home page, I only see my first post.

Here's where the problem begins.

When I go to the Categories section (specifically Uncategorized, where my first post is) or Archives, the post starts with the phrase "Just testing bla bla bla" and continues with the text of my first post! It has merged the two posts into one (the deleted one and the current one)!

So I go with firebug to the phrase " Just testing bla bla bla". I want to edit the html, so as to get rid of the text. Of course firebug does not save the changes. When I point to any part of my webpage with firebug, HOW DO I KNOW TO WHICH WEBSERVER FILE IT CORRESPONDS TO so I can make the changes? I know that HTML is created dynamically, so there are no html files in the "ahatualpa" folder in my webhosting folders so I can immediately correct it, but there must be a way to get rid of that pestering text!

Any help is more then welcome,
Best,
Peter
Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First off welcome. Next check your plugins to see if you have a caching plugin and if you do and it is active TURN IT OFF while developing your site.

The pages you see when you visit your site are DYNAMICALLY created on the fly. This is not like a static site where every page is prebuilt. this means there is no file to change.

having the URL of the site would be helpful in seeing what your actuall problem might be.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 9, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:56 AM
pangelis

10 posts · Mar 2012
My fellow people, problem solved.

I entered Post/Page Info Items in the Atahualpa theme options.

I scrolled down to

KICKER: Multi Post Pages
Leave blank to display no kicker on posts on multi post pages.
Example: %category-linked%
Default: blank

The default is blank, but I found that I had added the string %author-description% of which I had forgotten about.
I then checked in the Users section of the Dashboard, and went to my profile. Sure enough, in the Biographical Info (which is displayed by the %author-description%), I had written “Just testing...bla bla bla”….

I stay humbled….

P.