Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Controlling where posts show up

Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:35 AM
tim55057

47 posts · Sep 2010
Controlling where posts show up

I have my home page as the landing default, showing all of my postings. But, I have a page called "video". How could I send an excerp of every post categorized "video" show up on that page?

Also, is it possible to post something and have it show up only on a certain page (and not the home page)?

Thanks. You guys are awesome at getting the answers to problems!
Tim
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try playing around with the List Category Posts plugin. Be sure to look at the "Other Notes" tab to see the multiple ways of configuring the shortcode.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:10 PM
Gail_NK

128 posts · Oct 2010
Will the "List Category Posts" widget conflict with the "My Category Order" widget? I have loaded "My Category Order" but the "List Category Posts" looks like it will give me some additional functionality that I would like to have.

Thanks,

Gail N-K
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
They do different things and shouldn't conflict.