Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Drop shadow in center column

Old Jun 13, 2009, 09:37 PM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Is there a way to create a drop shadow effect going down each side of the center column? I tried messing with the column settings using background and an image, but I can't get it to look right. Can any one point me in the right direction?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:02 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Just to clarify. This is what I am trying to do (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shadow-test.jpg
Views:	2102
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	160  
Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:06 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
That's pretty. I'd like to know too. What is the URL of that page? We could use Firebug to see how it was done.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 09:22 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
It's my site (www.mikerielly.com) but I made the image using Photoshop. That is the effect I am trying to create.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 05:22 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
*bump* anyone?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 06:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You must remember a couple things.

(1) the center column can vary in size - compare the center column on a blog page with 10 full posts vrs a single post page

(2) the center column can have multiple posts and each post is in a container that rest atop the center column, commonly, these post containers are seperated by some degree so there would be a gap between them

the problems that come up are how big to make a background image for the center column and how to repeat it. Remember that not only can the height of the center colum change, but if you are not using a fixed width page size, the width of the center column can change.

to see what I mean, add the following to ATO->Center->Center column style
HTML Code:
background-image: url(./wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/inputbackgr-red.gif);
background-repeat: repeat;
and look at how it shows up on several of your pages.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 07:39 PM
PrettyChicky

8 posts · Jun 2009
There's a post on this here as well- that's how I figured mine out. www.prettychicky.com

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...+shadow+center

U have to create a background image and then use "top center repeat-y". Flynn gives an image in the post- but I created my own.