Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How to eliminate the need for horizontal scrolling on phone browsers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 9, 2015, 06:25 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
How to eliminate the need for horizontal scrolling on phone browsers

Not sure if anyone noticed, but when viewing Montezuma on a narrow viewport, you can scroll to the right by 30 pixels, right past the edge of the site:

And if you do so, you can see nothing but unused blank space along the side:

Naturally, I was puzzled by this. So today I spent some time digging around to find out what the cause for this is, and how to fix it.

Turns out there is a 30 px left padding applied to the breadcrumbs and, unlike any other elements in Montezuma, breadcrumbs box is not being treated with the box-sizing: border-box; style. So any padding gets added to the existing size of the box:

The Fix
The solution is to place the following code to the top of Montezuma Options > CS Files > clearfix.css:
Code:
/* Fixes the horizontal-scrollbar-white-space issue created by breadcrumbs padding */
#breadcrumbs1 {box-sizing: border-box;}
Presto!

EDIT:
It's curious that this bug exists, especially since Montezuma already applies this fix to every HTML element via wildcard:

Last edited by flyboy; Aug 9, 2015 at 06:46 PM.