Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] HELP!!! Cannot Save Changes on Edit Post/Page PHP - WHAT TO TELL HOST TO FIX

Old Dec 12, 2013, 02:30 AM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
[SOLVED] HELP!!! Cannot Save Changes on Edit Post/Page PHP - WHAT TO TELL HOST TO FIX

I am having this issue again though last time my host solved it, but this host cannot figure it out,

When I go to save changes in Edit Post/Pages area and I do have php code in some of the fields, i get 404 page and no changes will update on the theme.

This is happening on ALL sites on this host, 6 of them, so I know it's PHP issue.

ATA 3.7.3
PHP VERS ON CPANEL 5.3.22

What do I need to tell my host to fix, they are clueless???
Old Dec 12, 2013, 03:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What changed on the host?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:12 AM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
What changed on the host?
Nothing changed on the host, I moved these sites from another host and now I am getting this error. They have been working all night and cannot fix it.

The other time it happened that host was able to figure it out quickly and it had to do with PHP permissions of some sort, but I don't know what exactly, and I told this host to check permissions, but they say that my permissions are fine.

I even tried to look at the Error Logs at cpanel, but they show nothing, not sure if this type of error would show.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what happens if you swap to twenty-twelve? can you edit things then?
If not, then this issue is not related to the theme at all.

so the last time this happened it was on another host? don't you think that peice of information would have been usefull to mention in your first post?

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:34 AM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
Sorry, I figured that mentioning it was a hosting issue was enough.

As I said this happened before and so I thought the host would fix it again.

Switching to Twenty Twelve won't be a good test because PHP is the issue, where there is PHP code on the Ata Edit Post/Pages interface, and Twenty Twelve doesn't have that do they?

This has to do with making changes in PHP areas of ATA only, because I can edit and save changes in other parts of ATA, like Body, Text & Links for example, that one updates fine because there is no PHP in that area.

I don't think this is because of ATA, I think it's a PHP server setting of some sort but I just don't know what to tell the host to check or fix, and because it's happening on ALL ATA sites on that host only, it must be a PHP server issue.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:48 AM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
I just tried another site on the host and this does show the following error after trying to save changes in Edit Post/Pages

403 Permission Denied
You do not have permission for this request /wp-admin/themes.php?page=functions.php

I think the other sites go to 404 instead of showing this error, but I think that's the error all around
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
are you talking about the theme options or editing a post or a page? your question is unclear.

If it is the theme options, you can no longer add PHP to the theme options due to a Wordpress theme restriction that went into effect about 12 theme release ago.

what versions of WP and Atahualpa were you using?