Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Comments link not showing when not logged in

Old Jun 2, 2010, 03:15 PM
sargemarcori

5 posts · Jan 2010
Tucson
I was making some changes to the footer box, and somehow I've changed something I didn't mean to.

I'm using Firefox 3.6.3, WordPress 2.9.2, and Atahualpa 3.4.4. Haven't upgraded any of those recently.

When I'm not logged in, there is no link to leave a comment or to view comments on the home page or on multi-post pages. One or the other does show up on single-post pages--right above the comment box which is a bit redundant but anyway.

Here's the thing--I'm not sure what it looked like before. I rarely look at my blog when not logged in. But I'm pretty sure that link has been there in the past.

My blog is here. http://www.sargemarcori.com/wordpress/

All comments are moderated, so I allow anonymous posting. I've checked that the box in ATO settings for "only allow comments from registered users" is clear.

This is the code in my footer box now:

Code:
%date('F j, Y, #a#t g:i a')% | %tags-linked('', ', ', ' | ')% %comments('Add your voice', 'One added to the chorus', '% in the chorus', 'Comments are closed')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 03:27 PM
sargemarcori

5 posts · Jan 2010
Tucson
And now it works perfectly. I swear I had cleared my caches and everything before asking for help. I'll just go bang my head on a wall now. Sorry to waste your time.