Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Add my sidebars to plug-in site now-reading-reloaded

Old Feb 27, 2011, 07:07 AM
anna55

3 posts · Feb 2011
Taunusstein, Germany
Add my sidebars to plug-in site now-reading-reloaded

I run an older version of Atahualpa theme 3.5.3 but I don't think the actual version will solve my problem.

The plug-in row-reading-reloaded comes along with some templates which were made for the default Kubrick theme as the developer wrote. So the sidebar is called with
PHP Code:
<?php get_sidebar() ?>
What do I have to write instead to get my sidbar(s) listed?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 03:09 PM
anna55

3 posts · Feb 2011
Taunusstein, Germany
Seems to be the wrong forum here. I realized there is one specially for plugins. So please move the post to the right forum.

When I mentioned 'my sidebar' I certainly thought of the default right and inner-right sidebars.

I really need help. Thank you.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 06:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa has 4 potential sidebars. You go to the sidebar page and check which you want to show.
Haven't go a clue as to what the author means by that comment, you should probably ask him, but seeing how it was written with the Kubrick theme in mind you might not get any help. You are probably going to have to dig into the code of the plugin and learn hat it is trying to do to figure out how to use it with Atahualpa.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:39 PM
Lynn Rasmussen

10 posts · Jan 2011
Similarly, I need to add to a plugin (Custom Content Type Manager) and need to 'get' the Right Sidebar. I have tried different combinations and am 'off' somewhere.

<?php get_sidebar(); ?> is the default. I have tried
<?php get_right_sidebar(); ?>
<?php get_right-sidebar(); ?>
<?php get_right-sidebar-widget(); ?>

I have seen similar examples in this forum under various questions. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for any help. I love Atahualpa!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
after a quick read of the plugin's FAQ and Install instructions I do not see anything about 'getting' the sidebar. can you point me to where you read about this?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 07:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
At the top of the sample template code provided by the plugin which looks something like the following where the xxx refers to your custom post name.
HTML Code:
<?php
/**
 * Sample template for displaying xxx posts.
 * Save this file as as xxx.php in your current theme.
 * This sample code was based off of the Starkers Baseline theme: http://starkerstheme.com/
 */

get_header(); ?>
try replacing the code with the following
HTML Code:
<?php 
list($bfa_ata, $cols, $left_col, $left_col2, $right_col, $right_col2, $bfa_ata['h_blogtitle'], $bfa_ata['h_posttitle']) = bfa_get_options();
get_header(); 
extract($bfa_ata); 
?>
I am not sure that is all you will have to do but it should be a start. The template they provide is based off the Starkers theme and you have to base yours off the Atahualpa index.php

Last edited by lmilesw; Oct 18, 2011 at 08:52 AM.