Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Styling product page in Atahualpa (using WP e-Commerce plugin)

Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:25 AM
igrowkids

21 posts · Jul 2010
Noosa, Australia
Newbie here!

I am struggling with the styling of product pages. I have created products using the wp-ecommerce 'store' but can't

1. Collapse the too-long product description and thus bring the 'add to cart' option higher on the page

2. Can't set the font colours in the product description and price info. I have been around and about styling inputs on all ATO sections and just can't work out where to change this!

This is the page that troubles me:

http://www.igrowkids.com.au/?page_id...1&product_id=2

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:13 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is more about the e-Commerce plugin than Atahualpa. The plugin may have some styling capabilities but that would be a question for them.

In this particular case you could use the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts to change the color of the text to white for example.
HTML Code:
div.producttext {
color:#ffffff;
}
The collapsing I am not sure about as some commerce plugins have their own way of adding product and others just use the WP post or page for products so again I would check on the WP e-Commerce site.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 01:57 PM
igrowkids

21 posts · Jul 2010
Noosa, Australia
I'll give that a go and post my results here.

Will check for help at the wp e-commerce end...but the support there is abysmal!

Thanks for your prompt reply! So pleased to have found Atahualpa & co. Happy to donate....
Old Jul 25, 2010, 02:36 PM
igrowkids

21 posts · Jul 2010
Noosa, Australia
The css insert code above worked on the product description text - too easy, thank you.

...but it didn't work on the product price and the postage and handling price....any pointers here?

(will also try wp e-commerce forum for help as its probably to do with how that info is structured....but not holding my breath...)
Old Jul 25, 2010, 03:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have to believe the shopping cart has a way to style text but this will work for you if you can't find it.

HTML Code:
.pricedisplay {color: #ffffff !important;}
I use Firefox with the Firebug extension installed to determine selectors. It's fun to play around with.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 03:22 PM
igrowkids

21 posts · Jul 2010
Noosa, Australia
Thank you - I have just your code for now while I work out how to style the shopping cart....