Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

How can a user subscribe to a notification E-mail

Old Aug 20, 2010, 03:57 PM
Obi

22 posts · Aug 2010
Hi,

The basic installation of Atahualpa comes with two links in the upper right corner of the screen, one reads "Posts" and the other one "Comments".
Hovering over these links read "subscribe to the post feed / comments feed". When clicked, the user is directed to a page containing the first line of the post / comment.

I would like to allow readers to receive a notification E-mail once a new article has been posted to the blog.

How is the user supposed to subscribe ?
Where can they enter their E-mail address?

~ Obi
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's a combination of using Feedburner and settings in ATO>RSS Settings
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:15 PM
Obi

22 posts · Aug 2010
What are the advantages for not using feedburner?
What other options do I have?

~ Obi
Old Aug 22, 2010, 11:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I wasn't saying not to use Feedburner. I was saying to use Feedburner so people can subscribe via email to your posts.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:03 AM
Obi

22 posts · Aug 2010
Sorry I was unclear;
I'm trying to keep things simplified and at the same time, not delegate every single task to some provider.

What I meant to ask is this;
What are the advantages of not using feedburner and what other good options do I have in working within the wordpress/plugin environment ?

~ Obi