Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Exclude sidebar for logged-in user

Old Oct 24, 2010, 08:11 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Jugglead,

first of all you are a star of this forum -- I just sent you a small token of appreciation.

I saw your earlier reply to a question about how to reverse the include/exclude logic for sidebar inclusion (ie. to have the "exclude sidebar on pages X" become "include sidebar on pages X". My question a bit different, I want to EXCLUDE the sidebar for all logged-in users (it's a membership site and for non-logged in users I want to show advertisements). I would setup a right sidebar for all my posts and then tweak that with a

if(... && !is_user_logged_in() ) {
Show the sidebar...

I am hoping you can point me in the right direction

thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 08:14 AM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
Forgot to include link to earlier post

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=863
Old Oct 24, 2010, 01:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Edit the lines (389, 400, 411 and 422) in bfa_get_options.php and change them from
HTML Code:
		if ( $bfa_ata['leftcol_on']['page'] AND !in_array($current_page_id, $pages_exlude_left) ) {
HTML Code:
		if ( $bfa_ata['leftcol_on']['page'] AND in_array($current_page_id, $pages_exlude_left) AND !is_user_logged_in() ) {
- get rid of the '!' and add teh last part.

This will cause any page mentioned in the exclude list, not to display if you are logged in.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 03:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
STB - the plugins will prevent the widgets showing, but the sidebar will still be there. You'd need the code to keep the entire sidebar from showing
Old Oct 24, 2010, 06:13 PM
everyman

79 posts · Nov 2009
Philadelphia
thanks guys. I actually wanted to disable sidebar for logged-in users on POSTS but I found this a bit below the code you mentioned above (after a long "if"):

PHP Code:
            $cols++; $right_col "on"

and replaced it with
PHP Code:
        if (!is_user_logged_in()) {

$cols++; $right_col "on"
        } 
which worked nicely.

thanks for your help!