Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How do I allow readers to search and go to specific comments?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:08 PM
rewardshelp

2 posts · Jun 2009
How do I allow readers to search and go to specific comments?

Currently, when visitors go to our site and search for a keyword contained within a comment, the search result typically return the post that contains the comment, but not the comment itself. We want our visitors to be able to go to the actual comment and share the comment with their others, perhaps via a link.

We've noticed that when we click on the post date time stamp it shows the link to the comment in the URL bar on my computer. How can we either get this information to appear in the comment for users to share, or how do we get the search tool to drill down to actual comment, or have you heard of anything like a sociable for comments.

If we can be pointed to something with the functionality that also works on Atahualpa 3 site, we'll gladly donate $50 to this person.

It seems like this should be a fairly easy fix. This functionality is available for posts, but we can't find it for comments.