Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Migrated--can't see pages except for home page, or images in sidebars

Old Nov 1, 2009, 02:22 PM
kmagyarics

25 posts · Oct 2009
I migrated to a new domain, and after much experimentation (and help from this forum) I was finally able to see my home page and get into my admin.

However, when I try to access any of my pages besides the home page I get this error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Also, although I am sure my images are in the right place and my links are pointing to the right place, I cannot see my image in the left sidebar, or my twitter button in the right sidebar--only placeholders.

Any thoughts?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 06:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ifgo back and review what you did. Moving from one server to another can be tricky
1) did you change the dbname in wp-config.php if the name changed?
2) did you edit the SQL and change both the Wordpress Address and the Blog address in the wp_options table (should be row 1)
3) did you change all other references the the html address from the old to the new?

be careful if you moved it from/to a sub folder of the root.

Have you tried a clean install of WP on the new server just to make sure it works with out any problems?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 06:40 AM
kmagyarics

25 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks. Yes, I moved it from a subfolder on one domain to the root on another.

If I do a clean install of WP, will I lose all my customizations?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 07:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you do a clean install of wordpress, you wil have an empty database (well not quite empty, but it will only have the initial wordpress 'stuff') all your posts, pages, userids, options set by plugins, themes will be gone because an clean install doesn't know about them.

that's why you migrate, but you have to be careful in doing it.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 08:37 AM
kmagyarics

25 posts · Oct 2009
thanks--i don't know how or why, but i went away for a few days and noticed this morning that i seem to be able to access all of my pages. maybe my cache wasn't cleared?

now it's just a question of fixing all my links, etc.

thanks for your help!