Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

html in post titles

Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:23 PM
mcd

12 posts · Jul 2009
Hi folks -

In version 3.4.2 I am able to use html in post titles without any problems, but in 3.5.3 or higher the actual code shows up in the headline box instead. When I look at the html in Web Developer, I can see that the tags are being converted to &gt and &lt etc instead of < and >, thereby ruining the code and the effects I want.

Why does it work in 3.4.2 and not the others - can I edit something to mimick the 3.4.2 settings in higher versions?

I would just stick with 3.4.2, but another anomaly is that the center column of my static front page shifts slightly to the right in 3.4.2, but is centered correctly in 353. So, I can have a well-centered column and bogus headlines, or vice-versa. On this issue, when I look at the html in Web Developer, if I remove the line right after (td#middle) that reads (div class="post-id-2...) etc - then the column centers up correctly in 342. Of course, that's just editing the html as it was output - I don't know why it causes the shift in alignment.

Anyway - thanks!

Last edited by mcd; Jul 19, 2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: more info
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:31 PM
mcd

12 posts · Jul 2009
3.4.2 -

3.5.3 -
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If I remember right, somewhere back there the atahualpa post options were introduced. If you use 3.6.4 you can shut them off and the HTML works fine
Old Jul 19, 2011, 04:28 PM
mcd

12 posts · Jul 2009
Thnx JD -

Well, turning off the post options would be a drag, because that's where I actually enter the html, not in the title box itself.

On one of my websites, I'm aggregating news articles on a specific topic. For a new post, I enter the normal headline in the title box at the top, then I enter the html version with an 'a href' to the original article in Body Title Single Pages box, and html without the a href but with the em and h6 tags in the multi-page box so that it opens a page in my blog with the full article. Works beautifully in 3.4.2 - http://411on420.com
(notice how the headline on the main page goes to a page in my blog, and then the headline on that page opens the original article)

I just started building this new site this weekend (for a portfolio example because I can't really use the 411 site in a resume ;p ) and I used a higher version of Atahualpa than 342 and ran into these glitches -

http://warren4president.info

the 353 version has a centered column on the static front page but the headlines don't work. the 342 version has great headlines but the static page gets off-center. I have compared settings of the two versions until I have a headache and haven't figured out what gives......

Thanks again

Last edited by mcd; Jul 19, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:26 PM
mcd

12 posts · Jul 2009
I installed 3.6.7 and it kept most of the theme options intact from 3.5.3. Looking at the site, it was the same with huge html headlines. So for kicks, I used the reset all options button and wouldn't you know it - the center column went offset to the right, and the headlines behaved correctly just like in 342.

When I check the box to hide the title on the front page, is there a padding or margin setting somewhere that's pushing the column to the right?

Last edited by mcd; Jul 19, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:16 PM
mcd

12 posts · Jul 2009
what is it about the page options being on that makes the headline box reject html?

Last edited by mcd; Jul 19, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 07:43 PM
macgirl

15 posts · Aug 2010
I'm totally curious about this, also! I want to do the same thing: use HTML in the Atahualpa Page Options for page titles. Turning off this option allowed me to use HTML in the normal WP title field, but I really would like to use the Atahualpa feature since I do want to turn off the title on many pages.

Thank you for your help!

I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.7., WP 3.2.1.