Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Styling individual menu item

Old Apr 1, 2011, 01:19 PM
eonelson

8 posts · Oct 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
[SOLVED] Styling individual menu item

I would like to make one of my menu items look different than the others. I understand that I can put code in under the ATO area, but I'm not exactly sure what code to put there.

This is the code and I want to edit page-item 239. I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.3 on WP 3.1. Thank you for your help.

<div id="menu1">
<ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu">
<li class="page_item page-item-16 current_page_item">
<li class="page_item page-item-19">
<li class="page_item page-item-21">
<li class="page_item page-item-23">
<li class="page_item page-item-26">
<li class="page_item page-item-98">
<li class="page_item page-item-239">
Old Apr 1, 2011, 01:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can put code directly in a menu created with the WordPress menu system or you could use the following to style the menu in question
HTML Code:
li.page-item-239 {
color: red;
}
This would of course make the text red.

Does that help?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 01:37 PM
eonelson

8 posts · Oct 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Thanks for the quick response. Where exactly do I put it? On the ATO page, I inserted it into HTML Inserts: Body Top. That doesn't affect the menu item and my information is visible on the front page within the wrapper.

Eileen
Old Apr 1, 2011, 01:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Any code you use would go in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts but as I look at what I suggested I realized the CSS for a menu tab would not be a page item. It would be more along the lines of
HTML Code:
#menu-item-297 {
background: red !important;
}
Then you have your hover selectors etc. to deal with. The !important is necessary in some cases to override the CSS that is in place.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 02:09 PM
eonelson

8 posts · Oct 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Still a no go. . I pasted it exactly like you have it typed and put it in the CSS Inserts box. Also tried it without the !important, didn't do anything.

I am learning code slowly, but don't know enough to trouble shoot unfortunately.

Here is the site: http://wisa.cals.wisc.edu/

I see you are in Upstate . . .used to live in Cortland/Homer

Eileen
Old Apr 1, 2011, 02:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It wouldn't be exactly as I have it. You would have to determine the selector for the menu item you want to change. I use Firebug with Firefox for that.