Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Widget Trouble

Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:43 PM
pampreslar

12 posts · Feb 2010
I'm having widget trouble and it seems to be intermittent.

If I try to add or remove a widget I get the busy circle and it never stops. If I keep trying to move it or delete it the I get a WP failure notice "Are you sure you want to do this?" and then I can click to try again.

I started having this trouble when I added new widget areas yesterday. I have since deleted them (and the code).

This morning it was suddenly working again so I deleted my post asking for help.

Now I have a working front end but can't add or delete any widgets. Thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling...

Any ideas of what may be happening before I do the uninstall?

The URL is islandbeadcompany.com

Thanks in advance.

Pam
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:01 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Did you recently add any new plugins? Some of them can make the widget admin area malfunction. What plugins are running?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:32 PM
pampreslar

12 posts · Feb 2010
Hi Paulae,

Thanks for the response. Based on your question, I think I know what I did today. I was tryng to migrate to the My Calendar plugin from Calendar. Stupidly I left Calendar active. This created a momentary mess until I deleted My Calendar.

Everything was back to stable before that. But the same thing occurred yesterday and seemed to resolve on its own. That was after I tried creating new widget areas.

I guess I could try deactivating some plug ins. I run about 6 of them. All very common ones. NextGen, Widget Logic, My Page Order, fast and Secure contact form,HTML-Javascript Adder, Executable PHP widget, table of contents creator.

All of these I've been running on another site with no trouble and on this site (which has only been up for a few days).

Thanks, Pam

Last edited by pampreslar; Apr 29, 2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: thought of more
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:58 AM
pampreslar

12 posts · Feb 2010
Hey Paulea,

I just wanted to let you know that I figured out the trouble. On another site I often have the dashboard open in many windows so I can go from eStore to the Media Library, etc., without losing my place or having to reload.

In this case I had two windows open to the same dashboard page. WP doesn't like that, understandably.

So, as usual, the problem was me!

Thanks for your generous help.

Pam

Last edited by pampreslar; Apr 30, 2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: thought of more