Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Categories & Archives format

Old Jan 30, 2009, 06:33 AM
Glottis

23 posts · Dec 2008
I noticed on my blog that the format of the categories and archives pages look "plain", i.e. no formatting/styling at all. Just plain text. All the images and formatting are stripped in the posts' excerpts. At first I thought that I broke the Atahulapa2 theme by modifying it, but then I noticed that Atahulapa3 also looks the same on your site, Flynn.

Is there any way to make the categories and archives look just like the homepage?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:02 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That's because excerpts are displayed on those pages and they are stripped by WP by default.

You can set the theme to display full posts at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Posts or Excerpts -> Posts or excerpts on CATEGORY pages? / Posts or excerpts on ARCHIVE pages?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:58 AM
Glottis

23 posts · Dec 2008
Thanks Flynn for replying.

I set it to display full posts, and while it doesn't look like the homepage, it's better than before. I just have a two column (not sidebars) layout on the homepage, but on the categories/archive pages the posts are shown in just one column.

The weird thing is that setting to full posts doesn't really show the whole posts, but only until the "read more" tag. I guess this is the way it should be? Not complaining though, it's better for me this way.

If anyone is interested in that two-column layout, I read about it on Jeff Starr's blog, Perishable Press. Here's the article: Horizontally Sequenced Display Order for WordPress Posts in Two Columns.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:09 AM
Glottis

23 posts · Dec 2008
I just applied the two-column thing to the categories and archive pages. I couldn't do it before because I was looking at archives.php (Atahualpa2) and couldn't think of a way to edit it, because there is no loop in that file! Then I found archive.php and found the loop. LOL :-D