Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How do I change the font on the post-headline on my pages?

Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
ab_insight

8 posts · Oct 2011
Each of my pages shows the post-headline in a H1 font. I looked all over but could not find an obvious place where to change the font for this. Any suggestions?

Below is the underlying HTML code as it is rendered...

class="post-headline"><h1>Blah Blah</h1>
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:17 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can style them in ATO>Style Post & Pages using the Headline Boxes
Old Oct 13, 2011, 06:51 AM
ab_insight

8 posts · Oct 2011
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that, but no change. Not sure if this will help, but the text that I want to change is actually displaying the Name of the page. (Same as what is on the Menu)...
Old Oct 13, 2011, 07:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and wp?
What is the URL?
Did you look in the CSS Inserts option?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:00 AM
ab_insight

8 posts · Oct 2011
The version is Atahualpa 3.6.7 by BytesForAll using wordpress 3.2.1

Thank-you. I really appreciate the assistance.

Last edited by ab_insight; Oct 13, 2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Wanted to remove URL until site launch to kleep search engines from finding it.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:20 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It looks like you may not have the patches for Atahualpa 3.6.7 applied which "could" be the cause of your problems. The issues they fix as mentioned aren't necessarily all that they fix and it is recommended you apply all of them.

Here is the link to the patches

Or you could update to Atahualpa 3.7.1. Realize that when you update you will have to re-upload any images you have in the Atahualpa Images folder and subfolders as they will be deleted in an update. I recommend a manual update as outlined here. Then you can switch back if there are any issues. You will still need to copy the images however.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:59 AM
ab_insight

8 posts · Oct 2011
The upgrade to 3.7.1 went well, but I still have the same issue. If you go to www.insightsecuritymanagement.com and look at how the word Services on the services page, I cannot seem to be able to change the font on that working....

I tried the Themes>Style Post and Pages>Headline Box and I am not sure that is the correct box. The word HOME for example is a page name, that appears by default....

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited by ab_insight; Oct 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Text and add this
HTML Code:
font-size: 72px;
This will cause the page title (and Post titles on a single 'Post' page to be a bit bigger
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:10 PM
ab_insight

8 posts · Oct 2011
These are actually Page title's and not post headings that I am trying to change. I as able to make them smaller using the CSS stylesheet by changing the H1 header size, but a change to the font type and color had no effect...

Thanks again for the suggestion..
Old Oct 17, 2011, 02:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Page title and post headings mean the same thing to me.
If what you are talking about is what you type in the "Enter Title Here" box on a new post and page then you should be able to change the style in ATO>Style Posts & Pages in the following boxes.
  • HEADLINE Box: Text
  • HEADLINE Box: Links
  • HEADLINE Box: Links: Hover boxes
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:24 AM
ab_insight

8 posts · Oct 2011
OK thanks for the information. I was finally able to get it to work after the upgrade. Not sure why or what happened, but it simply started to work when I made the change under the headline Link section. ;-)