Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Confused New User: more details please on fixing H&F areas in 3.7.13?

Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:13 AM
EllieH

3 posts · Dec 2013
Surrey/Vancouver BC Canada
[SOLVED] Confused New User: more details please on fixing H&F areas in 3.7.13?

I lost everything except main content & sidebar in the "upgrade" to 3.7.13. I searched thru this forum for solutions but don't understand where to go to implement the following fix:

...go to ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA and press 'Save Changes' and
...go to ato->Style & edit FOOTER and press 'Save Changes'
...there are two new options that need to be initialized

I looked all over the Admin area but I can't figure out where to find ato->Style. Can you please help me understand what to do step by step? Thanks in advance... Sleepless in Surrey BC.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ATO = Atahualpa Theme Options
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:59 PM
EllieH

3 posts · Dec 2013
Surrey/Vancouver BC Canada
Thanks kindly! I still had to search all over to find it. Your fix worked and my Header & Subscribe areas came back, except my logo is messed up and some text is misplaced & looking off-kilter.

For any other NEW USERS out there: Go to Admin, scroll down left sidebar to Appearance, then click on Atahualpa Theme Options (ATO), then edit Header area, press Save Changes. Same process for Footer area. Cheers!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 05:14 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieH
my logo is messed up
Ellie, I also found that I had to check my image locations folder under the ATO settings as that had reverted to default and not ata-images that I had it set on.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
@Grum - look at the ato->Image Location option. As of 3.7.12 you can put your images outside the theme folder so they will remain between updates.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 08:06 AM
Grum

49 posts · Feb 2010
Scotland
JD, that's what I did, but after the update the location had defaulted to 'atahualpa' and I had to re-selct it to ata-images... I was trying to drop a gentle hint to Ellie that her problem might be the same thing....