Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Site rendering poorly in IE8

Old May 3, 2010, 08:41 AM
seleniumgirl

11 posts · Dec 2009
Hi there Atahualpa friends--

I've been using Atahualpa to design a simple site. The URL is http://www.bankerscapitalcorp.com/ The site renders well in Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera on both Mac and PC platforms. However, it renders badly in Internet Explorer. I have inserted what I believe to be code to force rendering á la IE7: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

Does anyone know why this poor rendering happening or how to rectify the matter?

Pertinent information:

Atahualpa 3.4.6
WordPress 3.0-beta1

Many thanks!
Old May 3, 2010, 10:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it looks like IE keeps you constrained the the table cell. The image in a table cell (the sidebar) and you are moving it outside the cells location, but IE just cuts it off at the cells borders.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:05 AM
seleniumgirl

11 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks JuggleDad!

These are my observations as well. Out of curiosity, are you seeing the background image across the top in entirety? Originally it wasn't rendering. The image should be a black-->blue fade bar.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are you aware that '//' is NOT a comment in CSS? So if you code '// background-color: #fffff;' you haven't commented out the line?
Old May 3, 2010, 01:37 PM
seleniumgirl

11 posts · Dec 2009
Oh, yes! I had forgotten I had done that while testing out some other things. I'll have to tweak that right now! An additional set of eyes is always nice. This has been solved. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by seleniumgirl; May 10, 2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: The issues has been solved.