Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

TIP: How to create single page website (salesletter-type) with Atahualpa

Old Feb 13, 2009, 03:49 PM
gesman

35 posts · Feb 2009
My long time dream was to find a nice and clean Wordpress theme without all the bells, whistles and junks hanging all over it.

What if I want to start with 1-page salesletter-type site (while having all the Wordpress SEO powers under the hood) and then grow it up from there?

Here's how to make your Wordpress website - pure 1-page site with no junk around:

- Install Wordpress + Atahualpa, activate it.
- Goto WP Admin Panel -> Pages->Add new and create your page. It could salesletter, photo gallery - whatever you want.
- Uncheck [ ] Allow Comments and [ ] Allow pings
- [Publish]
- WP Admin Panel -> Settings -> Reading - "Front page displays" = "A static page", select the page that you just created.
- [Save changes] button
- WP Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Atahualpa options -> Header -> Configure Header Area :
erase everything from there.
- Scroll down and [Save Changes].
- WP Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Atahualpa options -> Sidebars -> LEFT sidebar: display on:
Uncheck all checkboxes. Do the same for RIGHT sidebar: display on: (uncheck all boxes)
- WP Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Atahualpa options -> Post/Page styling -> HEADLINE box, and enter this: visibility: hidden;
- Final touch:
WP Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Atahualpa options -> Layout -> Layout Container Style, replace text box with this (customize for your needs):
border: 1px solid gray;
padding-top:10px;
margin-top:10px;
margin-bottom:10px;

Now clear browser's cache, reload and check your website - nice, clean one-page website.

- As your site start growing you may gradually enable more pages/posts/sidebars/images and the rest of good stuff, thanks to powers of admin-panel-driven Atahualpa.

Enjoy,

Gleb Esman
http://www.memberwing.com/
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:52 AM
donna

4 posts · Aug 2009
New Zealand
Another excellent tip! Thanks gleb!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 12:01 PM
Giedrius

7 posts · Aug 2010
Is it possible to do the same in the latest 3.5.3 version?
The page and category bars still remain (even though the text is removed), as well as two hardly visible narrow grey bar-lines at the bottom.

See some more details here:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...0291#post40291

Can't find the solution..
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
As I mentioned in the other thread the wide light and dark gray bars are a background image in ATO>Body, Text, & Links that looks like the following.
HTML Code:
background: #fff url('<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/background7.png') repeat-x top left;
The lighter gray lines are a top border in ATO>Style & edit Footer>Footer Style and a bottom border in ATO>Style Posts & Pages>Post Container.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 01:40 AM
Giedrius

7 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks a lot for the help, it worked.