Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

how do i get comments to show up on homepage for each post???

Old Apr 15, 2009, 03:23 AM
drewjones

2 posts · Apr 2009
ive been trying to figure out this theme...

i like the functions of it alot...

Client of mine has requested to have the comments show on the homepage as a continued conversation...

ive downloaded and activated AWP...doesn't work on this theme...

Ive searched through the code and post/page links in the footer section....i cant copy paste php code in there...otherwise it'd be working...

i want the exact layout like on the single post page for comments...

comment form

any help is appreciated...
Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:06 AM
drewjones

2 posts · Apr 2009
I figured it out...

in the index.php, find the lines

<?php // Load Comments template (on single post pages, and "Page" pages, if set on options page)
if ( is_single() OR ( is_page() && $bfa_ata['comments_on_pages'] == "Yes") ) {

and replace it with

<?php // Load Comments template (on single post pages, and "Page" pages, if set on options page)
if ( is_home() OR ( is_single() OR ( is_page() && $bfa_ata['comments_on_pages'] == "Yes") ) ) {

This is my reference

http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:04 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewjones
Ive searched through the code and post/page links in the footer section....i cant copy paste php code in there...otherwise it'd be working...
In the newest Atahualpa version, PHP code should work, too, in Theme Options -> Footer -> Footer: Content, if you meant that