Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Fatal error: Allowed memory (I can't post anything on my blog anymore)

Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:02 AM
dustinnikki

2 posts · Nov 2013
Using Wordpress 3.7.1
Using Atahualpa 3.7.12

I haven't updated anything recently. Everything is up to date wordpress, theme, plugins etc. but nothing was updated recently and everything was just fine. I posted a couple things on my blog tonight with no problems but I did notice that none of the tag links, or leave a comment link was below those posts. This issue is only with those two that I posted. I didn't notice until after I tried to publish a new post and got this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 75923448 bytes) in /home/dustinnikki/dustinnikkimommyofthree.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_postinfo.php on line 336

I have no idea what that means, if it's a problem with the theme or something going on with the host. I can't post anything anymore. I had to move the latest post back into draft so my blog actually looks and runs normal.

Any help would be appreciated because I am at a loss and I can't do anything until this issue is fixed.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 02:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It means you have hit a limit on your server. WordPress, the theme and all plugins use memory when running and most hosts limit you to a specific amount.

You can try disabling some plugins, changing themed or calling your host and ask for more - they may tell you you have to buy a more expensive package or you could look for a new host that gives you more memory.

Who is the host ?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 12:30 PM
dustinnikki

2 posts · Nov 2013
Thank you for your reply... I am with DreamHost. I asked them, just been waiting on a response. I can figure out most things but I had no idea what this was or if it was theme related or host related. I have actually been thinking about switching hosts for a while now anyway.

Thanks for the tips, I think I'll go through and see which plugins I could go without for a while. I imagine it would only be a temporary fix though as I post more?

Thanks again, I love Atahualpa by the way!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 01:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I just looked at your sire with Firebug's net option and it shows you are loading 5 meg (!?!!?!) on the homepage. That may be part of the problem. Shut off all those plugins and I'll be the site loads a lot faster too.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 07:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You site background image is almost 2Mb as well. This really should be a repeating image that would be closer to 10Kb to 20Kb at most.